Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

It's New Year's Eve, and we have planned an evening at home. It's what we always do, stay home, put the kids to bed and then flip channels past infomercials and drunken stage acts until Dick Clark counts down to the ball drop. This year, my kids have decided they want to stay up with us. We shall see if they make it!

To celebrate and make this eve memorable, I decided to cook a special dinner. I hope not to disappoint you, if you were looking for another humorous mishap, but it came out perfect. What a relief, to have something go right in the kitchen every once in a while, and most especially, when it counts on a holiday.

The menu:
Mango Pork Chops (I left out the peaches from the recipe because my four-year-old is allergic to them.)
Potato Pancakes (Hubby had requested latkes recently, so this was the night.)
Steamed Broccoli

Since it was so yummy, I wanted to share the recipes with my friends and readers. I was inspired by the beautiful mangoes that came in our co-op basket this week (thanks to Bountiful Baskets!). The pork chops came out moist and full of both tart and savory flavors. The latkes were so good we all had seconds and stuffed ourselves silly.

Now I am going to plant myself on the couch with a bottle of Martinelli's and giggle at the ridiculous programming automated for your pleasure this evening.

In honor of the occasion, I wish for you success at every endeavor you choose. A toast to the year gone by, and cheers for the year to come!

No comments: