Thursday, January 1, 2009

Camera Case

I made this camera case for my new 8.0MP Samsung compact camera that Santa brought me. (Lucky me!)



I didn't want another bulky case, because I want to keep this camera in my purse, but I didn't want to just drop the camera in those dangerous waters either. So I picked up some scrap fleece that was lying around here and whipped up this little case. The fleece is double-layered inside, with only the sides sewn together, so the inner, smaller square creates two pockets that I use for storing batteries. Two layers of soft fleece provide just enough padding for my needs. I also made a similar case with three layers for my 8-year-old's new camera, which makes her case bulkier but safer.



I leave the strap out for ease of carrying the camera. These are so quick and easy, I just might make more of them for gifts or craft swap.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I want to see a picture of the camera in the case. Hee hee!

Anonymous said...

NICE!!!! that's a great idea, mama!! ;-) u could sell 'em on etsy. ;-P

fleece ROCKS! (but I kinds can't stand to touch it when my hands are dry...) :-/ LOL

(btw I found u in ABC CHATTER of TBW.)

JustALittleBit_Me said...

I think maybe I will start making and selling these on etsy! Thanks for the suggestion!